Recapture the love and joy in your relationship with your partner. Build a close-knit family that is flourishing and connected. For over 15 years, I have worked extensively with individuals, couples, children, and teens to help improve their lives. My practice helps couples to feel closer, to better understand each other and to build stronger relationship skills. I also help families deal with many challenging issues including ADHD, Blended Families, Depression, Anxiety and Behavioral problems. I have helped many individuals reach their goals and live the lives they want.
Each client is unique and I tailor my approach to your needs and concerns. You will be empowered to change as we work together exploring the connection between your thoughts, feelings and behaviors primarily utilizing a cognitive behavioral approach. This understanding along with learning new skills can help you have the life you want.
Couples describe my work as empathetic, respectful, genuine and collaborative. I'm known for being straightforward while being encouraging, positive and supportive. We will work together to quickly identify key issues and solutions that will immediately help you feel closer.
Dr. Fillmore is the co-founder and therapist for http://StrongMarriageNow.com where you can watch online video courses to dramatically improve your marriage.
Children & Adolescents
Build the loving, caring, nurturing family you hope for. I firmly believe that successful therapy with children and teens is a collaborative process incorporating the entire family as well as teachers whenever possible. Initially, together we formulate an individual plan that fits both your and the child’s needs. I then utilize a combination of therapy, education and homework tools to help create real, concrete solutions.
Because emotional and learning issues can complicate an already difficult educational process, I work closely with specialists who administer and interpret extensive psychological testing. The results of these tests can often assist dramatically in the treatment process.
In addition to individual, couples and family therapy, I have a long history with conducting group therapy as well as with public speaking. In these talks, I address many different topics related to the psychology of couples, children, and parenting. Below are just a few of the potential subjects on which I'm available to speak:
- Rekindling Intimacy: How to Have Great Sex with the Person You Married
- Surviving an Affair
- Are You Actually Listening: The Key to Effective Communication
- Turn Conflict into Cooperation!
- Setting Our Priorities in a Hectic World: Marriage, Kids, Jobs
- Raising Independent and Capable Children
- Conscious Parenting: Giving Your Kids the Best Possible Future
- Ending the Homework Hassle
- Raising Siblings without Rivalry
- ADHD: The Most Over and Under Diagnosed Condition
- How to Help a Child Who Worries
- Why Kids Lie and How to Handle It
- Raising a Happy Kid: How to Curb their Tendencies Toward Negativity
- Why My Brilliant Child is Not Living Up to his Full Potential
- The Lost Art of Manners: How to Raise Kind and Compassionate Kids